the Field in
Mental and Behavioral Health
Welcome to the official website for the YFSVA Mental Health Skill Building Program! Check out our services, our staff, and upcoming events!
There's no shame in taking care of your mental health
What is Mental Health Skill Building (MHSS)?
Mental health skill-building services is defined as goal directed training and supports to enable restoration of an individual to the highest level of baseline functioning and achieve and maintain community stability and independence in the most appropriate, least restrictive environment.
YFSVA Counselor's Will Assist With:
- Assistance with connecting to Talk Therapy
- Assistance connecting to Psychiatrist
- Assist with connecting to Pharmacy
- Community Integration
- Coordination of Care between service providers
- Development of Coping Skills
- Diagnosis Education
YFSVA Counselor's Provide:
- Flexible hours and meeting times
-Flexible meeting locations
- One or Three hour sessions
- Structured Activities